- An Indianapolis Indians game. Back in the pre-arrow days, this was a favorite date night for my husband and me. Victory Field is one of the best minor league ballparks in the country, and it's so family friendly. I can't believe we haven't taken the arrow yet, but that will definitely change this summer. (So if the end of July rolls around and I have written about it, you'll remind me, right?)
- Farms. I really want to go to a u-pick farm (strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries are all readily available in the summer throughout Indiana). There's also a lavender farm, herb farm and buffalo farm around Indiana that intrigue me. And I'd love a return trip to Traders Point Creamery, this time in the summer. Of course, this will be in addition to our nearly weekly trips to nearby farmers markets!
- More camping. We took the arrow camping at Warren Dunes State Park in southwest Michigan last fall and had a blast, despite a 40-degree drop in temperature while there. I've got a few spots in mind that I want to get to around southern Indiana: McCormicks Creek State Park (one of Indiana's best campgrounds, in my opinion), Clifty Falls State Park (from which we can explore quaint Madison, Indiana or venture over to Cincinnati), and Spring Mill State Park (a jewel in Indiana's state park system that I'm embarassed to admit I've never visited).
- A long weekend away. Most of my husband's vacation time is already allocated to a few things we've got going on this year. But we've got a day or two to play with here and there this summer, so I'd love to do a little mini-trip. Maybe cash in some frequent flyer miles and head to Washington DC? Or a hiking trip somewhere closer? A visit to the Windy City? Perhaps we'll join my sister's family for a few days on their summer vacation.
|Camping at Warren Dunes in Michigan last fall|
- Transitioning the arrow to a big boy bed. Hold me.
- Potty training. Hold me tighter.
|The arrow and his dad grilling last summer.|
This post is a part of Mondays are for Dreaming at The Mother of All Trips and What's Your Word: Adventure at Mommy Words.