This year, I'm excited to be contributing a prize for the first time. And I could not be more in love with what I'll be giving away.
If I had to name one product that makes traveling with a baby or young toddler easier, more comfortable and more convenient, it would definitely be my Ergobaby carrier. I never take it out of my car so that I'm always ready for impromptu adventures, it joins us on every trip we take, and Little Arrow (who turns 1 this week!) has called it home for quite a bit of his life on the road thus far.
I'm basically a walking billboard for this thing. In fact, I'll be sharing a picture of my family using the Ergo each and every day of the Passports with Purpose fundraiser on my Facebook page. It's just so versatile.
Use it hiking, like our trip to Clifty Falls State Park.
Or use it on the beach, which I did in Florida last winter.
It's essential for navigating big cities, and makes taking public transportation, like the light rail in Minneapolis, a breeze.
I didn't have an Ergo when I traveled with Big Arrow (now 3 1/2) when he was a baby. So I can tell you from firsthand experience just how comfortable this product is compared to other baby carriers. I'm somewhat petite, and yet I've managed to bring two pretty big baby boys into this world. I've literally worn Little Arrow in the Ergo for hours at a time, and I'm not the least bit sore or uncomfortable. It's really amazing.
More reasons to love the Ergo:
- The Ergobaby carrier, along with the Ergobaby travel pack, make traveling and exploring with a baby or young toddler practically hands-free. And trust me, you need your hands for the hundreds of other tasks of parenting... taking pictures, wiping noses, fetching snacks, finding pacifiers...
- It's machine washable. You really don't appreciate that feature until you need it.
- You can take it through airport security. Who wants to wake a sleeping baby when flying? Because there's no metal components to this carrier, you'll walk right through without disturbing baby, other than a quick hand check.
- The sun shade. Little Arrow spent hours on the beach or by the lake this summer. Mostly, he spent this time snoozing away in the Ergo, protected by the innovative sun shade.
So how do you win one? Easy. Head over to Passports with Purpose. There you'll see a listing of all the prizes that are being given away, including my prize (details below). For each $10 donation you make to this important cause, you'll receive one entry toward the prize of your choice.
- A black Ergobaby Performance Carrier (like the one shown here)
- A black Ergobaby Travel Pack (like the one shown here)
- I don't have one of these nifty travel packs, but I sure wish I did! It's essentially a diaper bag that connects right to your Ergobaby carrier.
- Dollar value of approximately $220.
- Prize can be shipped anywhere within the United States.
Did you flush a toilet today? Or pour your kids a sippy cup full of clean water? Or take a shower? Did you stop to give thanks for these things?
Then do so by helping to ensure your fellow man can do the same.
Not interested in an Ergo but still want to contribute? There are FABULOUS prizes available. Please check them out and donate generously.
And before I end this, big kudos to the generous sponsors that elevate this fundraiser to astounding levels and make our $100,000 goal within reach. They are:
- Platinum: Expedia
- Gold: TripIt
- Silver: tbex
- Bronze: HomeAway. TravellersPoint, HostelBookers, Go with Oh
Disclosure: I received the Ergobaby carrier that I'm giving away by having a blog post I wrote selected for inclusion on the Ergobaby website. I chose to donate this prize to this campaign. All opinions about the carrier are entirely my own, and I received the one I use as a gift from family.