I'm Nicole Wiltrout, a stay-at-home mom and freelance writer/blogger currently living in Collyweston, a small village in the East Midlands of England. We're a family living as expats here, originally from Indiana, USA.
I write about the adventures my husband and I take with our 6-year-old and 4-year-old sons (called "Big Arrow" and "Little Arrow" on this blog). We've covered large portions of the U.S., and now we're tackling Europe! I also share tips and favorite family travel products from time to time.
Before the Arrows entered our lives, my husband and I traveled quite a bit, all over the world. While having children changes everything, travel was something we didn't want to give up. Life is a compromise, so our trips look a little different these days. You're now more likely to find us at a children's museum instead of lingering for hours in a tapas bar, but that's just fine with us. I hope to inspire other families to get out of the house and do more with their kids.
Other Blogging Work/Honors:
- Author of the popular Dispatches from England column at Anglotopia.net, one of the largest websites devoted to British culture.
- Writer for the Ciao Bambino, an award-winning family travel resource.
- Expedia.com's Kids in the City 2012 summer travel campaign: Chicago representative
- This campaign was featured in: New York Times website, Eye for Travel, MomTrends.com, Airline Industry Today, Portland Business Journal, San Diego Bargain Mama, Seattle Post-Intelligencer's Big Blog
- More info on the #ExpediaKids campaign, including measurable results
- Expert Blogger, Visit Indiana (2010-2013)
- Nature Rocks ambassador
- Ergobaby 2012 Summer Travel Series participant
- HomeAway's 2011 BlogAway contest winner
- Featured Indiana Blogger at Little Indiana
- INto Art (October 2012 and January 2013 issues)
- Columbus Magazine (December 2012 and March 2013 issues)
- Moving Story: Indiana to Stamford, UK at MoveHub
- Flying with Children: Nothing to Fear When You Do It Alone at Walking on Travels
- Nicole's Fearless Friday at Rookie Moms
- Visit the Sunny Side of Louisville at Travel Mamas
- Favorite Places to Explore Nature in Indiana at Go Explore Nature
- World's Largest Children's Museum, Indianapolis at Go Big or Go Home
- SkyDeck Chicago at Go Big or Go Home
- Fair Oaks Farms Review at Pit Stops for Kids
- Eiteljorg Museum at Midwest Guest
- Off-the-Beaten-Path: Indianapolis at R We There Yet Mom
Want to see my family in action? Here are a few travel videos I've done:
- Expedia's Kids in the City Chicago:
- Visit Indiana:
- Columbus Visitors Center:
- Arrows Sent Forth:
If you like what you see, please consider subscribing and/or following me on Twitter at @arrowssentforth and following us on Facebook. I post lots of photos from our travels on Instagram, too. Feel free to contact me directly at arrowssentforth at gmail dot com.